REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (please read carefully)
Candidates who do not meet all the requirements below or cannot participate / attend for the entire period should not apply. However, if you have a conflict with final exam schedules, please contact us for advice.
- Program dates: May 20th - July 26th 2024 (Arrival May 19th, Departure July 27th)
- Applicants must be US citizens, US Nationals, or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year in fall 2024.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program (part-time or full-time) leading to a baccalaureate or associates degree.
- Applicants should have a declared major in life sciences, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, bioinformatics, or a related subject.
- Participants must be able to work at least 40 hours per week for the entire 10-week program, and be available for occasional evening and weekend events if they are scheduled. Participants should not be enrolled in classes during the program; this is a full-time position.
**Applications for the summer 2024 program are now open and will close on February 5th, 2024
For the 2024 summer program, we will participate in a common application administered by the National Science Foundation. Complete Your Application Here.
- Personal information
- Demographic information
- College enrollment information
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- A copy of your CV or résumé
- One program specific question
- A copy of your unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
Please note, letters of recommendation should be written by a current or former professor, teacher, mentor, or employer; someone who can comment on your academic achievements, your work ethic, and your potential to be successful in a research internship. Please remember to ask for these recommendation letters well in advance of the program deadline to give your letter writers plenty of time to prepare and upload them to the website.
Please contact us with any questions or call 517-884-6959